Never miss an episode by subscribing to the Classy Little Podcast!
Let's go over a few basics first.
What does it mean to subscribe?
If you're not subscribed to a podcast, it means you have to manually search for each new episode of the show you want to listen to; download it to your computer, phone or tablet; wait for it to load; then listen.
What a bore!
When you subscribe, however, new episodes are automatically sent to your podcast app or computer, so you can listen whenever and wherever you want.
Let's get started
The majority of people listen to podcasts on the go, so let's assume you have a smart phone or tablet for now, but subscribing using a desktop program is very similar.
First, you'll need a podcast app. There are tons and tons to choose from, depending on your needs and preferences. Some popular apps are:
- Podcasts (comes pre-installed on iOS devices)
- Google Play Music
- Overcast (for iOS devices)
- Podcasts! (for Windows devices)
Picked an app? Now it's time to find a podcast and subscribe!
- Open your podcast app of choice. (We'll be using Podcasts on the iPhone for photos.)
- If this is your first time using the app, you'll be asked to either create an account or sign in.
- Once signed in, find the SEARCH icon. (It's usually a magnifying glass.)
- Type in the podcast you're looking for and click on it once you find it.
- Note: If you have trouble finding the podcast you're looking for, see if they have an RSS Feed link on their web page. It's usually a URL that ends in .rss or /feed -- ours is http://classylittlepodcast.libsyn.com/rss, for example. You can copy and paste that into most podcast apps to subscribe that way.
- From there, you can press the button to subscribe and you're done! A new episode will be automatically downloaded to your device whenever it's released.